FUNERALS & MEMORIAL SERVICES
As your celebrant, I will:
- Meet with you and other family/ friends at a time and place convenient to you;
- Need to gain a thorough knowledge of the person who has passed so that the funeral ceremony can truly reflect the life of that individual;
- Put together a unique ceremony/service based on your memories and wishes
- Also support you and help you decide what your role and that of others will be in the service or ceremony, what music you wish to play, what readings you might think appropriate;
- Liaise with the funeral director and those who play a part in the funeral; and
- Offer a committal of the body for either burial or cremation.
MY FEE: $450
My role as a funeral celebrant is to create a special and unique funeral ceremony that celebrates and recognises your loved one in this, their final journey. I will help guide you through what can be a terribly difficult process, and help reduce the stress on you, the family and loved ones left behind.
With so many funerals today being conducted outside the “traditional” church service routine, the demand for funeral celebrants is increasing on a daily basis. Yes, you can contact your own Funeral Celebrant direct – you do not have to use a celebrant that a Funeral Director has included in their standard funeral packages.
A person’s passing is always a time of sadness for family and friends but it is also a time of reflection – a time to remember that person’s life and the good times you shared. I am and will always be compassionate and professional when I ask you to confidentially share with me to ensure that your loved one’s life is celebrated and honoured, and the love they shared with family and friends is given due recognition and be a special tribute to the person who has passed.
The eulogy is a very important part of the ceremony that celebrates the life and achievements of the person and I encourage family and friends to present and participate in the service. However if the family wish it I am happy to deliver the eulogy.
I am comfortable and confident in presenting the service in a chapel at a funeral director’s, in hospital, at a cemetery or crematoria, whichever is your preference. Memorial Services are often held in significant locations that the loved one and their partner or family loved, such as their favourite beach, park, or even fishing spot. The Coast offers a plenty of beautiful outdoor locations, for a memorial service.
Your Last Say, Your Way – My role as a funeral celebrant is also be to help you create a special and unique funeral ceremony that celebrates and recognises your life per your wishes that you would like presented on your day of farewell for your loved ones. The Ceremony can be included in your will and eliminate some of the stress on the family.